End of the Marathon Knitting

Funny how when it's over, I feel a bit lost. Dangit! I need something for my hands to do!

So the marathon knitting was to finish some baby items for my Cousin's Baby Shower. She's having a little girl (Claire) in July. I had been working on a simple baby blanket, halfway inspired by Brooklyn Tweed's lacy Baby Blanket, since the beginning of May. Just a simple knit on the bias, increase by knit 2, yo, knit to end, then decrease by knit 1, knit 2 together, yo, knit to end.

I was just going to be a simple single crochet around the edge, but I got a crash course in Picot two weeks ago. Slightly forgetting that, Drew gave me another crash course in Crochet, and I went to town adding a ruffle. It might be a tad sloppy, but I really am proud of how it turned out. The lilac and Chocolate go very well together.

Also, I ended up casting on another baby surprise jacket. It took a total of two days to finish it. Go me! Next time I add color, I'll remember to pick up the stitches in the main color, then switch. Still, not too shabby. The little bear buttons are too cute!

Now the question remains...what do I do next? I think I'll end up finishing Daybreak first. Once work calms down again.

And also, a picture of the mama to be and me with my hand knits.

0 comments: