SURPRISE!


Not too shabby. Really only took a week and a half to knit it up. Since I ran out of yarn on the wrap and needed to wait to pick up another skein, I figured it'd be a great project to work on to pass the time. Thanks to Marlo and Laura who spent their evenings talking me through EZ's conversational pattern so I could knit the darn thing up. Thanks to Shelly of Twist who walked me through my first seaming ever! And thanks to Diana who was patient enough with me to help with the buttons when they were driving me up the darn wall!

Did I mention this is my first garment I've finished that's not a scarf, sock, or mitten/hand warmer? Oh yes. Glee all around!

I need to block it still but then it's ready to go home with the expecting mommy. Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise jacket, knit with Comfort DK.

I'm going to start another one shortly, but probably after I quickly knock out a blanket. After a day of knitting, I'm here on it. Not bad?

Knit on.

2 comments:

Darcie said...

Very pretty sweater! I have heard so many times that the pattern really is quite simple, but that a EZ translater is needed that it kind of scares me to try.

One day I hope I will become brave enough to try and knit something beyond hats, scarves and socks.

Ash said...

I'm slowly getting there. That sweater was probably a huge stepping stone and after it was all said and done, truthfully, it's not too hard.