Picking up

Well, I opened the boxes containing my yarn. House is still waiting to be fully unpacked, but it's coming along. I made my first mortgage payment the other day. That felt like an immense milestone. :D

So before I located the boxes of yarn and knitting notions, or "Gear" I picked up some beautiful Noro and Heritage sock yarn to start Daybreak. It's coming along quite well actually. I'm very proud of myself.

Tonight, while going through the boxes, I revisited the infamous Sock with the breaking needles. Darcie, you will be proud to know that I purchased double points to finish it out on. I successfully transferred that over and knit a few rows of the foot to get it back in my head.

I also picked up the other pair of socks I had been working on when I found it's little storage bag and finished the cuff and knit about an inch and a half on that this evening as well. It's between that sock and my Daybreak Shawl for early morning knitting. I'll probably work on the sock as it's the second one and it would be really good to have a finished project here quickly.

Speaking of socks, my boyfriend escaped murder the other night, as he got all of our laundry caught up. However, in catching up the laundry, he washed my hand knit, hand wash only merino Jitterbug socks. (The ones that look like a toucan in those brilliant color.)

When he told me we were caught up and I asked about my socks, we both made a mad dash for the washer and dryer in the basement and found, to my surprise and probably his relief, they were not felted in the least. Another close call. He left the washer on the Cold setting (the setting I regularly use) instead of turning it up to blazing hot, (the setting he prefers.) Lucky us, and lucky him. *smile*

A bright and Happy New Year to all. New Year's eve was spent discussing many knitting options and plans, and as I find myself knowing too many people "expecting", I was filled with fear of finishing several blankets. Readers, expect to find my experience with the Baby Surprise Jacket...coming soon this year!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm so happy for you that your happy socks are okay! Nothing can just mess up your day like having something you cherish ruined.

Darcie said...

Okay, so I am a little behind on my blog reading....

Congrats on the mortage! May you be eternally house-broke like the rest of us. :) But seriously, I am sure that you will love knowing that your home is your own. I think my house represents my roots, my anchor.

And there is probably much more room to store fibre stuff!

Ash said...

That's how I feel being at home. It's my sanctuary and I almost hate leaving it.